I’ve been quiet on the blog recently but not this week. THREE patterns that I have been testing over the last few weeks are all releasing today! Have you checked out Alisha’s post on The Sotnos top we tested together? I sure am glad that I got my daughter’s First Communion dress done early so I could kick back and do some fun and less stressful projects!
I love everything about this pattern. I tested the women’s size large standard hem version. The only modification I made was my usual addition of an extra 2″ of length at the waist since the pattern is drafted for the standard 5’5″ and I am 5’10.”
One of the things I love the most about this pattern, is I feel it is flattering from all angles. I have four children and a large bust line. I like my clothes to be fitted but not clingy. I like my necklines to be stylish, but not too revealing. I love the cap/dolman sleeves that hit at just the right spot, so I can be cool but covered.
I want to be able to live in my clothes. I want to wear clothing that makes me feel beautiful but that I don’t constantly feel the urge to suck my tummy in a bit more, pull down my shirt, or pull up the neckline. I know I will live in these this summer as we play at the park, hike, and camp. I have even made one in french terry to use as a swim cover-up!
This shirt is perfect for me, and I cannot wait to share the different colors and one exciting mash-up I made over the next few weeks as life allows!
Here are my top reasons for declaring this pattern a perennial winner:
- Standard Hem and Ruched Options
- Maternity add-on available (check out the gorgeous tester photos!)
- Only two pattern pieces. Seriously. Print, tape, sew in less than an hour.
- The pattern is awesome for super-directional prints or bold prints such as the Art Gallery one I used in my tester photos. I lined up my stripes from the bottom hem.
- I can get a size Large standard hem (even with my extra length) in 1 yard of fabric. My Wish List at the Peek-a-Boo Fabric Shop has grown extra long as I plan to make several more of these for summer and for layering.
- This is a really simple sew. I recommend it to anyone who is new to knits as a great beginner pattern.
Make sure you head on over to the Peek-a-Boo Pattern Shop today to grab your dolman (and some fabric) while the pattern is on sale for $8.50 today (3/10) only!